Plugin RequirementsKioSign requires the following plugins to function:
- Advanced Custom Fields PRO – The main plugin of KioSign. It must have a valid license.
- ACF to REST API (free)- required to generate json for schedules.
- ACF Code Field (free) – Used for custom html/css/js fields. Allows syntax highlighting.
Suggested PluginsI also suggest the following plugins to create a more flexible and robust system.
- Elementor (free) – a robust page builder for WordPress. Sample templates available. The PRO version is required to load templates.
- Unlimited Elements for Elementor. The free plug works, but the PRO adds more flexibility.
- Safe SVG (free) – add scalable SVG images.
- Smush (free) – reduces the size of images when uploaded.
- Duplicate Post (free) – Easy way to clone existing content.
- And… there are LOTS of regular and Elementor plugins to add features as needed.
Installation of FilesKioSign is “installed” by adding a folder of files into the current theme. (In the future, I hope it will be a plugin.) In addition, KioSign must be loaded by adding an init function to the functions.php file. I HIGHLY suggest making a simple child theme… and adding the kiosign folder in it. Once you have the kiosign folder, create an init function into the main functions.php file.
# REQUIRED KIOSIGN INIT FUNCTION require_once(dirname(__FILE__) . '/kiosign/kiosign-init.php' );
KioSign Admin PageA custom admin page is available to help you quickly access your KioSign content. In order to use, you must create a page named “kiosign-admin” and add a custom template file named “page-kiosign-admin.php” in the root of your theme. Then, add the following code to the php file (must add the < and >):
?php get_template_part("kiosign/kiosign-admin"); ?That should be it! You can always contact me if you have any issues.